At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns

Go down 
+2
komaeda
Armin Worldwide
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:08 am

u jelly u cant get n e?
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 2:12 am

Wendy Darling wrote:
I have a suggestion.

How about this gen, we actually create rules and follow them.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:32 am

Now. I'm just going to go and let out ALL the ideas I have. I'm making this up as I go, okay?

We've got the first year down, it's true. Now for the rest, though. Now I remember what we had figured out, or not really, but here's some ideas I think could happen: So you know how in the first generation, everyone (sorta) was going after muggle borns? Well here's an idea... What if it got reversed? What if half-bloods and muggle-borns started going for pure bloods, because their blood was so pure it was unfair for the others. Now, this idea seems a bit dumb, but it COULD fit. Harry Potter is the Minister of Magic, and Hugh gets pulled into this either a. he follows it, therefor accepts a plan to kill Harry Potter, or b. is somehow dragged into it and then there are people he knows in the group itself like friends, or fellow aqquaintances (How the Hell do you spell that). By this, I mean that those people somehow know that he and Sophia are together, and Sophia is pregnant, and then they threaten to kill Sophia (therefore also the baby)the baby unless he does this for them. This could then lead to the biggest fight which reveals wizarding magic to the word of muggles, which goes into the third generation where it involves the holocaust-like plot line (which is still iffy, but still.)

Another idea is that wild rebels around the whole wizarding world are MAD because they want to get recognized, and are fed up and tired of living in shame and ultimately being hidden. They start fighting to be noticed, leading to a lot of trouble with the Ministry. They then start to aim for Hogwarts, until a student gets fatally injured and that's when protection around Hogwarts starts. Now, I have two ideas forking off of this main plot.
IDEA A: It turns out the rebel groups are actually good-hearted people, and only want good for everyone. This could have many people recruiting into it, and in order to have Hogwarts students recruit (if that's a want), we could have one of the teachers OR EVEN BETTER the caretaker be part of the whole rebels but be undercover to try to get more members.
IDEA B: They could be blood-thirsty (or just unfair and cruel if blood-thirsty is a bit too much) and still find ways to manipulate and brainwash people into joining, by having (if it's once again, a want) to have a teacher or caretaker be undercover, blahblahblah.
Also, what we COULD do if it seems alright with known character owners, have the group as said in the first plot idea use Hugh for both possibilities (him supporting it, or being blackmailed into doing it). Of course, Hugh could always just kill Harry Potter out of pure impulse but I'm sure it'd be fun to play him being blackmailed. That's just me though, it's up to you guys.
Oh, and like in the first plot idea, we could do the same thing where they eventually DO get revealed to muggles (Either could be a bad ending- for once, that'd be cool right?- or a good ending. It depends for the views of each side.) which helps lead into the next generation plot if that IS what we're doing, or just have them win and remain hidden. Also, we could have OH MY GOD ANOTHER IDEA.

We could have this occur in a village somewhere in the country of the United Kingdoms, and either the village or a selected number of people figure it out but we could then have them hidden or not, and also this could lead to more controversy if we have the big fight in the middle of the main school education (so when they're in their fourth or fifth year, like in Harry Potter that's when Voldemort came back so this could be similar since suddenly a ton of muggles found out, right?), or have it at the end. But what I was thinking is that they cast enchantments around the village and protect it from spearding the news. Of course, the same time, people would have their memories erased, so this doesn't really work out I just realized.

I have other ideas but I just want to say I think somewhere in here we're going to have to incorporate Mr. Bad-Guy Boss (which is played by Olivia if I'm right?) and also I really think we should have ministry members come to the school and defend kids and give them monthly lessons to help fight, like premature auror training or something along those lines. That's if everyone else agrees, of course.

and i just found out by olivia we DO have a plot, so fuck my life as said in chatbox.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:43 am

Pidge wrote:
then they threaten to kill Sophia (therefore also the baby) unless he does this for them.

which reveals wizarding magic to the word of muggles

third generation

holocaust

screeching hault!

tbh now that i'm conscious and not that riled up, i can definitely see the holocaust plot working out, especially if it's not this gen (like hell we're doing a third though, sorry.). the thing is that millenia don't really lie. if the curtain was going to tear, it would've already, no doubt.

and really what that's just MEAN omg
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:54 am

I really do agree with Olivia- since forever, the muggles haven't known. It doesn't make very much sense to do it now, although it would make for a good plot. I think whatever we do should be pretty realistic, in terms of the books. We could try and go in the direction of not-revealing muggles, and stick with the Harry Potter being killed thing, and try to just..
Well, I think after that the normal wizarding people could kind of separate into two "political" groups. Basically, the people who think Potter should've died and they need political change, and the people who think it was a horrible thing. Then things could start getting violent between the two a little later on, and some people, on either side, could get really extreme. There could be big riots, and protests and things against Nick, the new minister, and the whole idea of it is that there's no real basis for being on either side except for your personal beliefs. So that way family friends, neighbors and stuff could be totally divided and just stop talking to each other because of all this stuff.
It's not as dramatic as the other ones..
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:04 am

^^ ENDORSING THAT ONE STEPH YOU FINALLY THOUGHT OF SOMETHING WORTHWHILE OOC ^^
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:07 am

HEY, I HAD THE IDEA OF KILLING HARRY POTTER IN THE FIRST PLACE.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:09 am

This is a lovely addition, though. You added to it, that is, very nicely.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:10 am

Well thank you very much, then. I actually like mine.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 12:38 pm

You know what? I do like yours too, Stephanie. But I want something intense that involves EVERYONE this generation, so we all have a wait to feel special and fight.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 1:19 pm

I like Stephanie's idea. I support it. It could really help out with a plot, actually. It could cause a lot of commotion and conflict without being something all-out terrible. I don't think we need riots of holocausts. That could happen next generation (which we won't get to). We don't need violence and drama. We don't need blood and gore. We just need something to happen.

If there WERE a big bloody violent dramatic plot, it would be in the third generation. It would take a while for it to unfold, I think. And I don't really like the idea of a big war kind of thing.

Also, I'm completely against the Muggles finding out about magic. Although it would make a great plot, it just doesn't make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:37 pm

I honestly don't think the wizarding people would really be ready for war so soon after the canon events. I agree that we don't need something really bloody and gory.. If we really want that, we can go back and do regen.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 10:44 pm

Princess Rapunzel wrote:
we can go back and do regen.

i really want that
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 11:21 pm

I also agree with Libby about muggles finding out about magic. It would make for a great plot, but it just feels really wrong and I honestly don't think we could handle doing something that.. HUGE.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:31 pm

That sounds nice.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 3:37 pm

I'd love to do some regen, too.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:35 pm

hey. alright. so, discussion time.

SHOULD they bring back the triwizard tournament? why or why not? if so, what arc?

i say YES because we need SOMETHING to stir up a bit of fucking something happening already since the RP's boring as fuck right now (although like two people don't show up like ever and one's out of town right now...). it's a pretty easy opportunity to get some characters involved and taking risks and chances and forming relationships and bonds and etc etc. AND IT'S FUN AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE BOOK OKAY GUYS OKAY

i say NO because it was only the first time in about a century they'd had it back in GoF, and considering what happened last time, it's unlikely it would be brought back a second time without SERIOUS precautions being taken. in spite of the murder being wrought not by the events themselves but by voldemort who we all know is now dead as fuck, it's sort of mildly implied that some citizens still deny this and would pitch a royal fit about the tournament being reinstated anyway.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:43 pm

I dunno. I'd say yes if it weren't for the fact that almost all of our main characters are too young (around thirteen/fourteen/fifteen as opposed to the requirement of seventeen). We could just go about making the age requirement lower, but with what happened last time, that probably wouldn't fly.

But I think that there should be a yearly Yule Ball, where students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang come over to Hogwarts and it's fun and social and such.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:20 pm

I'd say yes for the fact the ball would be quite lovely to do again, but maybe the ball (unlike the tournament) would be open for all.

The only issue if we do the Triwizard Tournament itself is the obvious, for the most part our characters are all too young. And even if we do go through with that, the issue of which characters get to be participants. Even though we're all mature enough to decide, I feel like that would cause a decent bit of tension.

Definitely yes to the ball, and maybe a modified Tournament?
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:22 pm

it'd probably be people no one's heard of because IMO none of our characters are really... qualified
so that sort of eliminates that problem

UHHHHHH SH WE'RE DOING IT DISCUSSION CLOSED
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:34 pm

eligible characters (by age of course idk about personality):

Jared Silva (i think)
Derek Brown
Will Sawyer
Eileen O'Maury (maybe)
Amber Conway
Coy Longwood
Reika Nightingale <<< ------ i vote for this one
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:36 pm

I second Reika.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:05 pm

I'd love to do the Triwizard Tournament! <3

But umm, not Reika, because, err, the person's never there? And if anything, can I play a person from one of the other houses in the TriWizard tournament, if it's not Derek?
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:11 pm

You guys just do EVERYTHING. Let's have some FUN. Let's not be concerned about looking all classy. Let's mess around, cheer ourselves up, and have fun!

And for people I vote Amber, Eileen, Derek, and JARED.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 5:32 pm

I vote that we create a new Hogwarts character for the Tournament, to use as a community character. If it's from Hogwarts, I feel as though it should represent all of us. We can just do whatever for the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang competitors.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns   Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next-Gen Questions/Comments/Concerns
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child :: BIG FUCKING WASTELAND :: Rules. Guidelines. Other Stuff.-
Jump to: