At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Empty
PostSubject: aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???   aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:24 pm

Alright so. My senior project, focusing on the use of gaming as an art medium, was to make an RPG game exemplifying said trend/movement. So I dug out a scrapped project labelled "culdesac" which was set to centre on Angel's life in the slammer post-epilogue. It was gonna be very YN-style; he takes a heavy dosage of x medication and hallucinates visiting some of his past experiences friends places etc. Every hallucination ends with a visit to Cnctep, his distorted memory of his younger sister, and a walk down a very dingy, dimly-lit hallway (Amsterdam). I was hoping to keep it 6 chapters max, the climax being the last visit to Amsterdam in which he finally remembers most of what happened. Then the epilogue.

What I don't have right now is what should be in the chapters and for whatever reason I'm running really low on ideas here.
thusfar confirmed:

also there'll be a few cutscenes while he's awake -- two visits and a basic layout of his ward're set up already. the epilogue MIGHT have two branches or i'll just combine them somehow blehh

it's multimedia (like i'm using a lot of photography and traditional artwork in the game as well as pixel art) i've really given up on mixing my own music or finding SFX so i'm prolly gonna just rip most of those or find appropriate like PD instrumentals. i'm using a lot of satie thusfar lol

anyway yeah i really need any help on this i can get. primarily ideas because i can do most of the artwork/programming myself (and have to obv) sooooooooo boom
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???   aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:29 pm

This is going to be super cool! I love how much ambition there is going to be behind it. Obviously, there has to be visions from the island they used to live on. You know how there were rumors about cannibals living on the island? Maybe in Angel's visions, he could actually dream about them living there.

I think that the party he envisions should be that masquerade ball. Or the sci-fi one. Those two are the most iconic.

Also, Rachel being a religious freak.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???   aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:35 pm

I ALWAYS FORGET THE CANNIBAL THING FUUCK
ok i took screens of the powerpoint with screens from the game is that ok

aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Fuck_zps058d15e3
aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Shit_zps29774428

as for the balls i was planning to have them just sort of.... mix. like have it just be this one big weird fetishy party then some bitch gets run over in the front yard cue enddream
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???   aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Do the cannibal thing do the cannibal thing.

I think that this is looking awesome, honestly. I love the artwork that you used with the pastels. It reminds me of Yume Nikki so much and it looks so dreary and nice. ;____;

That works too. But, I feel like the party should be on the masquerade themed one.

Also, you have to include Elroy in there. They ARE twins.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???   aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:41 pm

I second the masquerade party, it's definitely going to be more creepy than a random sci-fi thing. As for the cannibalism YESESSSSSSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???   aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:46 pm

i really hate the cannibalism thing like it was cute as like a kiddy horror story but the fact that YALL ALWAYS BRING IT UP ITS LIKE OLD SHAME CRIES but in this case it actually works really well bc i was sort of at a loss for what should happen in the island sequence. that should be a good end for it though

And yeah Elroy is going to appear a couple times it's just that he doesn't play as major a role as Serenity and Mel. And Chuck. Idk how I'm even going to fit Chuck in he just kind of is that guy that dies... like maybe I'll have him start just kind of showing up or standing at the end of the hall maybe around the 4th dream or so... like idk bleh

like really just having yall brainstorm even a little bit is motivation thank you guys so much <3<3<3<3
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???   aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:57 pm

I think to be Chuck and the others fit properly you'll need to include more visions from school. I mean, a shit ton happens since then. You can even have something as simple as Titanium Chronicles meetings. That sort of things works fine. But those years are completely necessary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???   aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

aphasia of angel astor --- senior project help???
Page 1 of 1