At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]

Go down 
+3
Sasha Worldwide
komaeda
Armin Worldwide
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Empty
PostSubject: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 6:52 pm

This is a completely new generation. JK Rowling left what happens up to the imagination. Since this is a MAGIC roleplay, we should have some magic and some bad guys and such and less "I'll interact with my friends, my love interests, maybe my siblings or parents, then for the big finale I'll actually use a spell!" [in a blunt way; not all of the roleplay went like this, though, and I'm not putting blame on anyone].

Plot structure would be nice. Also, since there's no JK-canon in next-generation, we don't have to worry about that. Despite Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and them reproducing, but we have no idea what happens to them so it's all in good fun.

Feel free to post your suggestions here! Suggestions for bad guys, clubs, schoolwide tournaments. Maybe there could be a Triwizard tournament-type-thing around fourth/fifth year, but more tame and aimed towards the fourth/fifth years or whatever year it takes place in?

Also, we'll be migrating to this forum after the epilogue on the other one. That way all of the First Gen archives are all in place.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Idea: Some sort of cult based around the dark arts/reviving Voldemort (despite the fact that there's no soul to revive). Not sure how this would work exactly, considering that the barrier around the school/related areas would be cranked up to eleven. Unless it was half-student led. There would be a main brain group/leader, and they/he would recruit battle/power mook children who wouldn't know the full story of it, intrigued by the extraordinariness of what they AREN'T being taught in their everyday classes and by inciting the teenage instinct to rebel against the norms, society, and authority.

Currently needs a more specific and possible motive. Main plot would not kick in until at least after second year, possibly third.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 10:18 pm

Well, you know how even now, after World War Two we have lots of Neo-Nazis and/or people who denied that the Halocaust ever happened? There could be some sort of event like that. There is a group of people who denied that these two great wars between the wizards happened. Then, there is this one insane figure, and he/she wants to restore the power of Voldemort, and he starts to recruit of people of all kind to join him.

But, I dunno. That's all I have for that plot so far. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Next Generation?   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:14 pm

I was thinking about this:

So there are people from Voldemort's side who rise up. And they're extremely serious about this, and form a rebellion, and make Voldemort their God. And they are based in small groups, and form their own government, and have hidden bases all over the Wizarding world, and form attacks and battles.

Then, based on this, they're so dangerous that at Hogwarts, they form an extra class to help students use their spells in defense to help protect them when they're facing mortal peril. They'd learn to use their spells and duel, and it'd be like a Physical Education in Hogwarts, only more... extreme, you know?

Then, Aurors should get involved in it all, and there should be an invasion in Hogwarts, sometime in Next Generation, and... yeah.

I'm just thinking that Next Generation, the whole Wizarding population should be more involved than the first Gen, where it was only a few people. Like, Hogwarts should be a major part in the whole rebellion.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:50 pm

waaaasn't there a topic about this.

Also, YES.
Back to top Go down
Armin Worldwide

Armin Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:30 pm

Moved to Plot Ideas!.

I already told you my opinion, but I'll repeat it; now that I actually have it all laid out, I actually like it! I think the classes should be installed later in the years, as the new cult is rising, and it's becoming more dangerous. Not straightaway, in first or second; I feel that would rush the action.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 1:59 pm

Of course. I was thinking as they rise in action, more attacks are found, along with murders in the Ministry of Magic, and such.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:42 pm

I agree with everything all of you are saying so I really don't have anything else to say.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:53 pm

I had another idea for a plot. It's not as action-y packed as the other ones, but I think it could be pretty good.

I was watching Fiddler On The Roof a couple days ago. One of the major themes of the movie is obviously tradition, and how sometimes, you'll have to break those traditions, while still being true to your family's roots. So, with that idea, we begin the plot.

So, the Muggles have recently found out that wizards and witches, as in the non Pagan or Wiccan sense, but like the wizards and witches we're familiar with, and they perform magic and all of that. Then, some of the leaders rise up, and try to take all of them away, and kill them, sorta of like a different Holocaust. Now, this is about the wizards and witches trying to protect themselves from being killed, making peace with the Muggles, while not trying to loose their origins.

...That's about all I have so far, but tell me what you think.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 2:57 pm

I love it! It's such a great idea!

But there's one problem: It doesn't seem to follow the plot of the previous generation. Technically what I'm imagining is that the whole Voldemort mess hasn't been totally resolved, but for some reason, I can see that whole plot idea happening in the generation after. You know?
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:03 pm

I agree with that. Because after Voldemort, we should play off the idea of him trying to come back, or the people still prejudiced. But then after that, the muggles could get involved.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:03 pm

Well, let's not get too ahead of ourselves with planning a THIRD one. XD But, I had this plot in mind figuring that Voldemort and the Death Eaters are DONE FOR GOOD. It seems like according to the interviews from Rowling, there isn't much things opened to be continuing another Voldemort storyline. But, I don't know, I wanted to throw this out here.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:04 pm

I just thought they wouldn't go away that easily. Sure, they were sort-of defeated once. Then Voldemort really died. The Death Eaters and the prejudice they placed in people aren't just going to disappear.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:06 pm

That's true. But, all the remaining Death Eaters were put away in Azkaban. But wait, let me find an interview.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:07 pm

I know the Death Eaters were put away, but they still had supporters that weren't as outright about it. I mean...
Well yeah.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Aight. Here's my idea. It'll be a ton of work though:

The rebellion starts in the Epilogue. It carries on through all this time, leading until the beginning of Next Generation. Then, because of the rebellion, though, Wizarding and Witchcraft is revealed to the muggle world, which leads to new problems. From this, it's because of a massive battle that destroys part of some place in Europe, and reveals magic to the muggles. From then on, the rebellion is saved and the muggle world is thankful of the wizards and witches. But after the destruction they had caused, Muggles begin getting ideas and begin to fear the Wizards, therefor figuring out plans on ruining the population, and take in the Wizards, leading to your whole plot idea, Rach.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:12 pm

That's a really good idea! I like it. But you're right, it WOULD take a lot of work. Do you think everyone will be up to it?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:13 pm

I dunno. Ask them, not me.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:16 pm

Would you guys be up to doing this?
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:17 pm

Personally, I think it's a great idea and all, and I hate to be the realistic one..
But we're (almost or already) in high school. In a few years, most of us are going to be graduating high school.
We're not going to have that much time. All of us are going to be perusing our interests. I think any roleplaying we do shouldn't be that much pressure. If we have the time, great. If we don't, what are we going to do? Try to get on more? Even cancel one of our sports to be able to get this done? Yeah, I might be exaggerating. But I'm worried.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:19 pm

You are. You guys just don't know how to budget your time. XD
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:22 pm

"Guys"? I'm pretty sure most of us know how to budget our time.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 3:38 pm

Oh, well. I don't know. I just didn't felt like adding in a plural.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 13, 2010 5:28 pm

i don't really care.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitimeSat Aug 14, 2010 12:11 pm

I like Kels's idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]   Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Plot Ideas! [old thread; what not to do]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next