At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rosensteel Plantation

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:25 pm

Melenie, who had taken to leaning against a column nearby, snatched Serenity's fan and began to cool herself off with it. Being ladylike was very, very low on her list of priorities at that point."Oh, calm yourself, sugar! You look simply radiant."

And in an instant, Serenity was that mouse he was searching so hungrily for. His eyes met her flushed cheeks, a smile played along his slitlike mouth, and he began to take singular, moderate strides across the dance hall toward them.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 8:32 pm

"You're a dear." Serenity said softly, taking a glance over her shoulder. "He's coming over here! Here! Towards--" A strange gargled sound escaped her lips, before she shut herself up. She should have her fan over her face, but a pregnant woman would need it much more than she.
She held her breath and waited, completely paralyzed by fear.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:14 pm

Finally, he reached her. The owl stretched out his talons, took its prey by the hand, and gently pressed its beak to the smooth surface of her hand. "Miss Rosensteel," he said softly.

Mel sauntered away to the door, hoping to catch a breeze or two.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:23 pm

Pretending to be unimpressed with him couldn't have been harder for poor Serenity Rosensteel. But somehow she kept her gazing into his eyes cool and collected.
"Hello. Are you enjoying the party? It's such a long ride for you, I'm glad you could make it.."
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:28 pm

"I haven't been able to take in most of it, but it certainly seems like a wonderful get-together," he said, straightening his posture and shaking the wrinkles from his hat with the hand that didn't continue to caress hers. "The trip wasn't too terrible, either. Fine weather, no hindrance..."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:33 pm

"The weather has been lovely lately." Serenity's gaze couldn't help but linger on his hands. They had been so unfairly snatched away from her by the owner.
She would just have to fix that.
"So what brings you to a little Southern get-together, all the way from New York?"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:42 pm

"Well, you see, by coincidence I was going to be staying in the area for a few days anyhow. I was delighted when the date on the invitation overlapped with my trip." Astor paused, dropping her hand like a limp noodle and returning it to his hat. "That gown suits you well, might I say."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:47 pm

"You're staying here? How perfectly lovely. You must come back after this party, I would love to show you around the plantation while you're in town. We've gotten several new buildings.. And thank you!" Serenity touched the fabric, smiling right at him. "Of course, it does look much better while dancing."
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 9:52 pm

"Care to?"
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:02 pm

"I would love to." In a few moments, they were sweeping across the dance floor, Serenity occasionally shooting elated glances at Melanie when she thought Angel wasn't looking.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:04 pm

In return, when she managed to catch one of Serenity's sidelong glances, Mel gave her a sly grin behind the borrowed fan and a curt nod.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:13 pm

Serenity cleared her throat, breaking the silent dance. So many ideas, so little time with him.. If only she had her fan- that provided 20 more options of things to talk about.
"Just out of curiosity, what exactly are you in town for?"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:27 pm

"Only visiting," Angel replied, linking arms with Serenity and joining a line dance that had sprung forth from the deep.
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:40 pm

"Well that's just perfect, isn't it?" After several more dances, Serenity had lured him outside under the pretense of desperately needing air.

"What's it like in the North? I've never been able to go." She said, strolling arm in arm with him through her gardens.
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:48 pm

"A mite cooler in the winter months... Similar terrain, though. Could just be my region, of course, but notwithstanding." Angel retained a hint of a British accent that had managed to slip through the intense Americanization of three generations of Astor. In his eyes there was France. "It's awfully balmy out tonight, though, I must say."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 10:53 pm

The adoration pouring out of Serenity's stare was almost revolting. "That is.. Absolutely fascinating." Her lying skills were just as revolting as the schoolgirlish crush she had on him. "What are the ladies like? Certainly they can't compare to our southern hospitality, can they?"
Back to top Go down
komaeda
Admin
komaeda

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:47 pm

Angel wasn't exactly one to pay much attention to the female majority.

--

"Excuse me," stammered a tapping finger on Amanda's shoulder.
Back to top Go down
opal

opal

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:50 pm

Amanda turned, half smiling as she looked to see who it was. It took a lot of effort not to jump for joy when she saw who tapped upon her shoulder.

"I did not realize you'd be joining us this evening, Wallace."
Back to top Go down
grimAuxiliatrix

grimAuxiliatrix

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:38 pm

"Well, luckily for you, you've only hit the tip of the iceberg in hospitality. We could go on a carriage ride.. A stroll under the sycamores. Wouldn't that be nice?" She asked, her eyes shining. Serenity did look quite nice in the moonlight- face powder did that to a girl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rosensteel Plantation   Rosensteel Plantation - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rosensteel Plantation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2