At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

At Least We Weren't The Cursed Child

all was well.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cruise Cottage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:43 pm

Kelsi was sitting at the table, head in hands, staring at the wooden table, as though it were You-Know-Who's very corpse. Her face was contorted in a series of lines, both out of frustration and lack of sleep. In fact, from lack of sleep, Kelsi's skin had a grayish tone to it, making her look terrible. Her large shirt hung loosely from her body, as her legs were closed tightly to her chest. She looked rather feeble.

Robin entered the room, and eyed Kelsi. "Hey, you know... you're rotting up the room."

No answer.

"You haven't showered in a few days, maybe..." Robin lifted a hand to her own cheek, and held it there for a moment as her eyes struck a look of concern to her sister.

Still, no answer.

"Listen, Kelsi," she put her hand down onto Kelsi's arm, who flinched away. "We're all still hurting as well, but you've got to understand..."

"There's nothing to understand. Seriously, Robin, let me mourn for my little brother. I was closer to him than I was to you." Kelsi said sharply, finally looking away from her sister, and sharply pulling her arm in. She kicked her feet out from within her chest and stood up.

Robin looked stung, and dropped her arm to her side. "Well..." she sighed. "Alright." She turned before Kelsi could see her face, and left the room briskly.

Kelsi then grabbed her shoes and opened the door, closely it harshly behind her as she went down the street.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Rachel was all over that day. As soon as she got bored with helping Libby and Amanda unpack, she made her way over to Kelsi's house, to see how she was doing.

Since Fry was killed in the battle, Rachel knew that Kelsi had become a reclusive. Rachel was sad herself when Karin was murdered, but after her funeral, she felt better. As though the suffering Karin had experienced through her life had finally come to an end, and she was able to rest peacefully.

That afternoon, Rachel decided to ignore politeness, and Apparate directly into her friend's bedroom.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:59 pm

Just then, Kelsi entered the room, after the walk, only to find Rachel there in the room. "Oh, hey," she said, kicking her shoes off. She avoided eye contact with Rachel.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:03 pm

"Hi Kelsi," Rachel sat down on the carpet, and looked up at her friend. And she looked at her, right in the eye.

"How have things been lately? Your family..."
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:04 pm

Kelsi looked quickly away. She sighed. "It's been better. What about you?" she asked, sitting down next to Rachel.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:14 pm

"Things have been okay. Karin was buried a couple weeks. How about Fry...?" she said carefully, as this was a delicate subject.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 5:22 am

Kelsi sighed. "It happened when we got here; it was a private funeral," she said, and shook her head. "I still feel like he's going to come home laughing, saying it was all a joke. Do you feel that way with Karin?"
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:38 am

"I sort of feel the opposite of that..." Rachel hugged her knees to her chest.

"It's a weird feeling to explain. After we buried her, I felt relieved, if that makes sense. Karin was an unhappy person. At least she's at peace now. Maybe even happy." Rachel's mouth was a thin line.

"I must sound horrible."
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Kelsi stared at Rachel for a long moment. "No, I understand. Karin didn't seem to have the best life, if you think about it. Fry on the other hand. Sure, rough times, but- he had what he needed. He didn't have the path of dying in his hands. I just... I don't believe it. It's amazing how family members, and those close to you become so stapled as 'invincible' in your head..." Kelsi looked back to the floor.
Back to top Go down
Sasha Worldwide

Sasha Worldwide

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2012 8:22 pm

"It is surreal," agreed Rachel. "Especially with Fry. Of all people, you couldn't believe that something like this would happen to him."

Rachel slumped down, until her stomach pooched out. "I heard Holly saying he died a 'hero's death'. Is that true?"
Back to top Go down
Dr. Frank-n-furter

Dr. Frank-n-furter

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 9:12 pm

Kelsi shook her head. "I wouldn't know. Once I found out, I didn't bother asking anyone anything about it. I almost didn't go to his funeral, you know? I don't want anyone seeing me cry anymore. It makes me feel weak. I'm tired of feeling weak and helpless, it's all I felt last year."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cruise Cottage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cruise Cottage   Cruise Cottage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cruise Cottage
Page 1 of 1